Directions to Golden Sands Resort on Lake George, New York
We're located directly on the shores of Lake George, NY, and easy to locate! We Welcome you to Lake George and the Adirondacks and our waterfront beach resort motel!
Our waterfront moteland Lake George resort is located directly on the shores of beautiful Lake George, New York in the charming small family atmosphere hamlet of Lake George Diamond Point NY, only 2 miles from exciting Lake George Village, and we're easy to locate!
Looking for a waterfront resort motel or hotel on Lake George, New York you can bring the kids and relax, enjoy "free" kayaks, resort family activities, that's close to Lake George New York area attractions,events,area restaurants? Golden Sands Resort Lake George motel is close to everything, localservices, and close to exciting Lake George Village in the Diamond Point motel area of Lake George, and we're one of the few Lake George motels to direct lakeside beach lodging and accommodations on Lake George, see our resort map and great rooms rates! See what makes Golden Sands Beach Motel on beautiful Lake George, New York a unique and special "family atmosphere" Lake George area motel - Visit our Blog and Golden Sands video and photo gallery pages. See what Golden Sands Resort guests write, and why they post great positive testimonials and reviews about our Lake George motel, and return year after year!
For 25 years, our Golden Sands Resort on Lake George motel has offered comfortable lakeview rooms, Lake George hotel and resort motel lodging, accommodations and amenities and great Lake George watefront and beach family fun! For more information, to see videos, room rates, or to make your family reservation at our Lake George waterfront beach motel, call Golden Sands Resort today at (518) 668-2203, or contact us online for our great rates, family and special packages, adjoining room specials, and availability, to fit any budget! Experience Lake George nature, boating, hiking, and the Adirondack Mountains!
We're easy to Locate and Reach From all Locations!
1 hour from Albany, NY and Albany International Airport (about 65 miles)
4 hours from Boston, Massachusetts (about 200 +/- miles)
3.5 hours fron the New York City Metropolitan Area (about 205 miles)
5 hours from Buffalo, New York (about 350 miles)
Under 3 hours from Monteal Canada (about 170 miles)
Call for Rates & Availability (518) 668-2203
Or contact us online for more information, reservations and easy directions to our Lake George motel!
Here's Added Value! "Like Us" on Facebook - Then take $5.00 off your entire stay here at Golden Sands Resort on Lake George!
Here are Easy Directions to Golden Sands Resort on Lake George, New York:
From NYC and Albany, NY Area:
(Also If coming from Boston/Massachusetts area)
1. Golden Sands Resort is located approximately 200 miles from the Metropolitan New York City Area, and approximately 170 miles south of Montreal, Canada, and approximately 350 miles from Buffalo, NY;
2. Golden Sands Resort on Lake George is located off the New York State "Adirondack Northway I-87;"
3. From the NYC area, drive approximately 130-140 miles north on I-87 (New York State Thruway) until you reach the Albany, New York area;
4. About Albany, NY, you'll see signs "Lake George/Lake Champlain" - Exit 24 (I-87 & I-90) - Lake George Exit 24;
5. TakeExit 24 off the New York State Thruway (I-87), enter and exit "Toll Booth;"
6. After "Toll Booth," follow Exit 1-N to I-87N ramp (towards Albany International Airport/Montreal.) Follow long ramp curving left, Exit 1-N, from that toll booth onto the Adirondack Northway (I-87) heading "North" towards Lake George;
7. Follow the Adirondack Northway (I-87-North) for approximately 70+/- miles to the "Lake George Region," more specifically, Exit 22 off the Adirondack Northway (I-87) where you'll see signs "Lake George Village Rt's 9 & 9N /Diamond Point 1 mile;"
8. Take Exit 22 off Adirondack Northway (I-87,) and follow "Diamond Point" signs;
9. You'll be on a long 1+ mile ramp heading east after exiting (Exit 22);
10. Bear 'slightly' left on that long ramp and DO NOT bear right and exit from this ramp onto Lake George Village 9, as this is the most common mistake taking you instead of to Diamond Point, to Lake George Village or Warrensburg, NY; 11. On long ramp, follow signs "Diamond Point 9-N - Lake Shore Drive" to end of that ramp (1+ miles;)
12. At end of ramp you'll see a traffic light, "Diamond Point 3 Miles" signs, and a great Tudor-style mansion and mountains behind that mansion ... This is Lake Shore Drive;
13. Turn left (north) onto Lake Shore Drive ... the lake and mountains should and must be to your right. If not, stop and call Golden Sands Resort at (518) 668-2203 for directions to return to Lake Shore Drive (US Route 9-N);
14. After turning left (north,) at that Tudor-style mansion onto Lake Shore Drive, you'll see signs marked "Diamond Point." Golden Sands Resort is exactly 3.2 miles from that intersection, which will be on your right hand side (lakeside.)
From Montreal, Canada/Point North:
1. Follow New York State "Adirondack Niorthway I-87" south to Exit 23 "Diamond Point/Warrensburg" exit;
2. After exiting onto short ramp, bear left and turn left onto Diamond Point Road;
3. Follow Diamond Point Road, heading east towards Lake George, approximately 5 miles (this road winds and turn);
4. At about 5 miles, you'll come to the intersection of Diamond Point Road and Lake Shore Drive (there will be a stone church on your right);
5 Turn right, heading south, onto Lake Shore Drive and drive approximately .10 (1/10th of a mile +) to a sharp curve, and Golden Sands resort will be on your left side (lake side) - The left curve is sharp and sometimes it is difficult to see the Golden Sands Resort sign from this angle (but we're here!)
From Buffalo and Points West:
1. Follow the New York State Thruway east to Exit 24 - Albany, NY (see above directions from NYS Thruway Exit 24.)
Our Mailing Address:Our Physical Address:
Golden Sands Resort Golden Sands Resort
PO Box 11 3654 Lake Shore Drive
Diamond Point, NY 12824 Lake George, NY 12845 (518) 668-2203 (518) 668-2203
*Golden Sands Resort does not have "in-room telephones" due to the number of guests with private "cell phones." Please check with your cell phone service carrier to ensure your cell phone and/or smart phone will receive "air service" in the Lake George-Adirondack mountainous area(s).
"Click" the Marker/Pin below for exact MapQuest directions to Golden Sands Resort on Lake George, New York.
Call for Rates & Availability (518) 668-2203
Lake George Weather